Queer Open Studios – Summer 2018 – funded by Southern Exposure’s Alternative Exposure Grant.
Coming this Spring
Creative Labor: Queer Visual Artists Working Group
Creative Labor: Queer Visual Artists Working Group, is an organization of Feminist, Queer, Trans and People of Color artists and thinkers. We are committed to social and cultural equity and organize to promote social justice. We advance our goals through the creation and dissemination of Queer Visual Arts and Visual Culture.
- Through an active alliance of galleries and arts spaces throughout the Bay Area we will provide a network of exhibition opportunities for Queer Visual Artists.
- Through an active website we will begin the creation of a Bay Area Visual Artists’ database with a long-term goal of expanding this database nationally.
- Through an active social media presence we will identify regional, national and international opportunities for Queer Artists to have their work seen, exhibited and written about.
- Through the organization of an Annual Visual Arts Salon we will continue the work begun by the Queer Cultural Center by organizing largest and oldest ongoing Queer Visual Arts exhibition in the United States.
- Through career development workshops we will improve the communication and professional skills of working artists.